To start off Birth Control Appreciation Day, I decided to make an informative masterpost on contraceptives! I hope this helps anyone who may want more information on their birth control or someone trying to decide what kind of birth control is best for themselves! Happy (birth control) hunting! - PaigeDIFFERENT TYPES OF BIRTH CONTROL:
- Birth Control Pills - [x] [x]
- Mini Pill (Progesterone-only Pill) - [x]
- The Patch (Ortho Evra) - [x] [x]
- The Shot (Depo-Provera) - [x] [x]
- Birth Control Sponge - [x] [x]
- Vaginal Ring (Nuva Ring) - [x] [x]
- Spermicide - [x] [x]
- Implant (Implanon and Nexplanon) - [x] [x]
- IUDs (Mirena, Skyla, and ParaGard) - [x] [x]
- Condoms (Male and Female) - [x]
- Withdrawal (Pullout Method) - [x] [x]
- Diaphragm - [x] [x]
- Breastfeeding - [x]
- Cervical Cap - [x] [x]
- Sterilization (Male and Female) - [x]
- Abstinence - [x] [x]
- Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAMs) - [x] [x]COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL:
- Do certain medications make my birth control less effective?
- Can I delay or eliminate my period with my birth control?
- Will my pregnancy tests come out with an accurate result while I’m on birth control?
- Can I use several birth control pills at once in replace of an emergency contraceptive?
- Does birth control cause weight gain?
- What should I do if I miss a pill?
- What should I do if the condom breaks or slips off inside of me?
- If I’m on the ring or the patch and I forget to replace it on the right day, do I need to use backup?
- I’ve heard that the birth control ring can pop out. What should I do if this happens?
- Can birth control increase my risk of getting cancer?
- Can you change your mind after having a tubal ligation or vasectomy?
- Is it normal to spot or bleed in between periods while on birth control?
- Does certain hormonal birth controls affect my blood pressure?
- Can being overweight affect my birth control’s effectiveness?
- Can certain birth controls lower my libido?EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVES:
- Types of EC: Plan B / Ella / ParaGard IUD - [x] [x]
- What are emergency contraceptives?
- How do they work?
- How well does it work?
- What are the side effects?
- When should I take an emergency contraceptive?
- Are emergency contraceptives less effective the heavier you are?
- If I am under the age of 18 in the US, can I buy emergency contraceptives without my parent’s knowledge or consent?
- If I take an emergency contraceptive today, am I covered if I have unprotected sex tomorrow?
- Will taking emergency contraceptives too many times affect my fertility?
- To find more questions and answers about emergency contraceptives, you can go here.
- Información anticonceptivos de emergencia es disponible en Español, aquí.OPTIONS FOR PEOPLE WITH ALLERGIES AND/OR CERTAIN
- Condoms for people with latex allergies.
- Condoms for vegans. [x] [x] [x]
- Other vegan contraceptive options.
- Different types of birth control without estrogen.
- Contraceptives without any hormones.
- Birth control methods that are useful to people with religious concerns. [x] [x]OTHER BENEFITS OF TAKING BIRTH CONTROL:
- Taking oral contraceptives can help lower the risk of endometrial and ovarian cancer.
- Using birth control helps treat acne.
- Birth control can help treat the pain caused by Endomitriosis.
- Contraceptives offer relief to people with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Anemia can be avoided/treated by using birth control.
- Irregular periods can become more regulated by using birth control.
- The pill can lead to fewer ectopic pregnancies.MYTHS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL (All the myths below are dispelled
through the links given):
- Emergency contraceptives and birth control pills cause abortions.
- Free contraceptives and/or condoms makes people participate in risky sexual behavior.
- The pill makes you gain a lot of weight.
- Douching after sex prevents pregnancy.
- You have to start your birth control on a Sunday.
- Taking the pill for a long time can make you infertile.
- Hormonal contraceptives protect you from contracting STIs.
- You don’t need to be on birth control while breastfeeding.
- I won’t get pregnant my first time having sex.
- The Pill is effective immediately after you take it.
- I won’t get pregnant if I shower or pee after sex.
- My body needs a rest from birth control at least once a year.
- Emergency contraceptives are affected by alcohol.
This is wonderful!
setting the record straight
Oh look, the media casually blaming underaged girls for their unwilling involvement with adult men
you go girl
I don’t watch the show but I don’t care, this is AWESOME
I’m pretty sure they had this video deleted from youtube, because it used to be there, and then one day I was looking for it to show to someone, and it was nowhere to be found. It will however live on in gifs forever.
The blond chick is just leaning back grinning and the other girl is getting excited and then there’s just the dude in the middle going
"I fucked up."
i hate whenever you suggest a poc actor for a mcu role and all these comic book assholes crawl out of the woodwork and raise a finger going “eeehhh excuse me but doctor strange / janet van dyne / etc etc etc was white in the comics, soooooo” like thank u im so glad u have pointed out that comics written 50 years ago by racist white people didnt have any diversity in them i mean gosh thats really relevant to a movie casting decision in 2014
omg I thought you meant that ridiculously scary game for a minute
nahh i’m too much of a baby for that
does anyone know of any way i could play amnesia (the psp visual novel) in english?? v__v or any otomate games that aren’t hakuoki/sweet fuse/shall we date?: scarlet fate, tbh. i’m in love with their games but, as you can see (UK flag = in english), their english catalog is pretty limited.
i’ve got a psp i can jailbreak if needed, an android phone and a windows pc i’m just unsure if there’s translations available out there??
anything i obtain illegally, i’ll do my best to find where i can buy it online in japanese and do so or buy plenty of merch. i want to support them as much as possible so we can see new games!!!!
SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE! REBLOG, REBLOG, REBLOG!
If you haven’t voted please do go to Aksys Games Forums to vote for Hakuoki SSL to be localized!
- If we have a tremendous amount of reblogs, shares, votes, and likes we can send this over to the forums again and they’ll see plus its under the hash-tag name Aksys if you reblog so they’ll sure to see this!
We ordered lube and rubbers online and because we spent more than $20 they sent us a free (too-big-to-use) dildo. So…
to big to use….?
You know, I’m glad you asked, because it allows me to print a correction.
I originally said it was too big to use, but yesterday I learned an important lesson about determination and believing in yourself.